We were founded in 2007 by radio broadcaster and news journalist Joel Helmes.
After a ten year career in the radio industry, Joel noticed that radio stations had access to syndicated content on just about every topic, except cars and motoring.
Having a lifelong interest in cars Joel decided to go out on his own and establish the daily Behind the Wheel motoring segments, and to support this concept, his own radio content syndication business – Helmes Media Solutions.
Within 12 months the Behind the Wheel daily segments were heard on more than 50 commercial and community radio stations every day.
It was during this period that radio stations started asking for a weekly, one hour Behind the Wheel program and we happily obliged.
Once established, the program was also offered as a weekly podcast enabling us to reach an audience beyond the limitations of the terrestrial radio network.
To support the podcast www.behindthewheel.com.au was established in 2011 and has since grown to be a popular motoring website featuring car industry news, car reviews, motorcycle news and road safety news and tips.
Behind the Wheel radio segment/program
The Behind the Wheel radio program and daily segments are heard each week on radio stations and networks across Australia, New Zealand and internationally.
Hosted by Joel Helmes, regular contributors include Paul Maric, Steve McDowall, Russell White and Chris Miller.
Both the program and segments aim to deliver interesting and useful information on cars and motoring to a general audience.
The network of radio stations that air Behind the Wheel includes…
- 3GG Gippsland VIC
- EMFM 104.7FM Echuca VIC
- Seymour FM VIC
- Pheonix FM Bendigo VIC
- 99.7FM Mansfield VIC
- 106.9FM Alexandra VIC
- 98.9FM Flowerdale VIC
- 98.5FM Marysville VIC
- 88.9FM Yea VIC
- 94.5FM Kinglake Ranges VIC
- 96.5FM Alpine Radio Kiewa Valley VIC
- 92.9FM Alpine Radio Ovens Valley VIC
- 2LT Lithgow NSW
- 2BH Broken Hill NSW
- 2Hay FM NSW
- 2GHR Holbrook NSW
- 91.9 STA FM Inverell NSW
- Bay FM Port Stephens NSW
- QBN-FM 96.7 Queanbeyan NSW
- Sounds of the Mountains 96.3FM Tumut NSW
- Sounds of the Mountains 94.3FM Gundagai/Talbingo NSW
- Sounds of the Mountains 94.1FM Adelong NSW
- Richmond Valley FM 88.9FM North Coast NSW
- WayFM Launceston TAS
- Coast FM 88.9FM Wynyard TAS
- Coast FM 106.1FM Burnie TAS
- Coast FM 104.7FM Devonport TAS
- Hope FM Esperance WA
- Mt Barker Radio WA
- 88.7 Kik-FM Tablelands QLD
- 4AM Mareeba QLD
- Kool FM Far North QLD
- Wild Horse FM Yarraman QLD
- 106.5FM Sunshine Coast QLD
- My 105.9 FM Mackay QLD
- My 88 FM Proserpine QLD
- 105.7 Rhema Mt Isa QLD
- 1692am Gold Coast QLD
- 3MBR FM Mallee VIC and SA
- 5CC Port Lincoln SA
- 5YYY 107.7FM Whyalla SA
- 8KTR FM Katherine NT
- Spirit Radio Network across WA
- Flow FM Network across SA, VIC and NT
- Hume Travel Network NSW and VIC
- Kool FM 97.9 Coromandel Peninsula NZ
- Power Hit Radio Christchurch NZ
- Paragon FM Ghana
- On-line – Station X
- On-line – ZFM Country
To find out more about broadcasting either the Behind the Wheel program and/or segments, email email@example.com
A community radio specific version of the Behind the Wheel program is also available via Air News.
For advertising inquiries please contact our sales department via firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial and other inquiries can be sent via our Contact Us page.