The annual Global Top 7 Medium & Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers report is predicting a steady increase in truck sales in coming years due to a number of factors.
Coming off a difficult few years for the industry, the report says those truck manufacturers should feel optimistic about the future for a number of reasons, including:
- Industry fundamentals remain strong and robust
- The trucking industry continues to play a key role in economic growth & development
- Significant investments in infrastructure are likely to be made by emerging nations
- Massive infrastructure investments are expected in the US
- The $300 billion US government investment in transportation projects through 2020
- Continued expected lower crude oil prices
- Stable growth in China
The report says these factors should help the seven truck manufacturers continue to enjoy steady sales increases in the medium and heavy truck market over the next decade.
You can access the full report here.