It’s 50 years since the Toyota Corolla first landed in Australia and now the current edition of the Australia’s best-selling small car welcomes new features and some styling tweaks.
Announced today by Toyota Australia, the 2017 Toyota Corolla sedan update includes:
- Minor styling tweaks
- Engine/CVT refinements
- Revised suspension set-up
- Standard fitment of a safety pack including autonomous emergency braking, lane-departure alert and automatic high beam on the top-spec Corolla ZR
- The safety pack is optional on Corolla SX ($750) and comes as part of an optional pack available on Corolla Ascent that includes 15” alloy wheels ($1,500)
- New 7” touch-screen display audio system for Ascent
- Corolla SX also gains sat-nav as standard
- Corolla ZR gets bi-LED headlamps as standard
The improvements come with a price increase of between $500 and $930.
“New guests in the Corolla family will appreciate the sedan’s higher levels of technology and safety equipment, its stylish exterior design and the quality ambience of the interior,”
“These new features are underpinned by Corolla’s traditional quality, durability and reliability and its impressive value for money.”
We will bring you more Toyota Corolla News as it comes to hand through 2017.